This accessibility statement applies to www.RefugeTechSafety.org. This website is run by Refuge. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
How is this website accessible?
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (AA standard). That means that you should be able to:
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Use video transcripts as an alternative to understand video content
- Zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen (in most recent browsers)
- We have used colour contrast levels between text and background so that the information can be visually received
We’ve also made the website as simple as possible to understand.
Compatibility with browsers
Our website has been tested on the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari on Mac and Windows 10.
The website has been optimised to support the following browsers:
- Windows browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge: latest versions and 2 versions back)
- Mac browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari: latest versions and 2 versions back)
The website has been optimised to support the following mobile devices:
- smartphones using iOS 14+ (Safari browser)
- smartphones using Android 10+ (Chrome browser)
This website is not compatible with:
- browsers older than three major versions or mobile operating systems older than 5 years.
Accessibility of this website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (AA standard), due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below. The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Text may not be resized to 200% without loss of content or function in some older browser versions.
- The Tech Safety Tool, a third-party platform embedded into this website, may not be fully accessible.
We’ll be looking to improve this as we further develop our website.
We care about accessibility and sometimes we get things wrong. Please do let us know if you encounter issues with accessing our website and content: email@example.com.
We recommend you look at Contacting Organisations about Inaccessible Websites. This can support you to accurately describe the issues you are having, enabling us to quickly understand your feedback.
All constructive feedback regarding the accessibility or usability of this website is welcome and will be carefully considered.
This statement was prepared on April 26, 2021.