You have the right to be safe online.
You have the right to privacy.
You have the right to connect.
This 16 Days of Activism, Refuge’s Technology-Facilitated Abuse and Economic Empowerment Team have been raising awareness about the ways technology is misused to carry out economic abuse.
We have hosted webinars with partner organisations, run sessions with the Department for Work and Pensions, and hosted a ‘lunch and learn’ about the Intersection of Economic Abuse and Technology-Facilitated Abuse.
We work to raise awareness of technology-facilitated abuse year round, and can be contacted about training for your organisation at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think you might be experiencing abuse in this way or have any concerns, please contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.
Try our Digital Break-Up Tool
Digital Break-Up Tool
Our new Digital Break-up Tool helps you review commonly used apps on your phone, laptop, or tablet. Our guides will help you to secure each digital platform.
Stay safe online
Refuge can support you. Watch here to find out how.
Please be aware this video contains audio.Read transcript
Recognising technology-facilitated abuse
Could someone be using technology to harm or control you?
- Is someone stalking you online or watching everything you do?
- Is someone harassing you by sending constant messages that upset you?
- Is someone posting about you online or threatening to share images?
- Do you feel pressured to share your messages or phone?
- Is someone controlling or limiting use of your phone? Has someone hacked your phone?
- Does someone have access to your online accounts and passwords?
- Is someone trying to get to you through your children’s phone or games?
- Are you being cyberstalked?