You have the right to be safe online.
You have the right to privacy.
You have the right to connect.
Stay Informed on Technology Facilitated Abuse
We invite you to subscribe to our monthly newsletter, delivering crucial insights into the evolving landscape of technology-facilitated abuse.
- New technology, emerging threats and how to secure devices.
- The latest UK legislation regarding technology-facilitated abuse, and what this means for survivors.
- Information on supporting survivors of Technology Facilitated abuse, and how Refuge can help.
Join us in championing change through informed action.
Try our Digital Break-Up Tool
Digital Break-Up Tool
Our new Digital Break-up Tool helps you review commonly used apps on your phone, laptop, or tablet. Our guides will help you to secure each digital platform.
Stay safe online
Refuge can support you. Watch here to find out how.
Please be aware this video contains audio.Read transcript
Recognising technology-facilitated abuse
Could someone be using technology to harm or control you?
- Is someone stalking you online or watching everything you do?
- Is someone harassing you by sending constant messages that upset you?
- Is someone posting about you online or threatening to share images?
- Do you feel pressured to share your messages or phone?
- Is someone controlling or limiting use of your phone? Has someone hacked your phone?
- Does someone have access to your online accounts and passwords?
- Is someone trying to get to you through your children’s phone or games?
- Are you being cyberstalked?